Other churches of Huez
As from 1058, according to the oldest known
document, the lord of Brandes left the churches of Saint-Pierre
de La Garde, Saint-Ferréol dHuez and the chapel of Sainte Marie de Brandes
to The Abbey of Oulx, near
was overseen by the Priory of La Garde, served as the parish
The actual parish church, of the village of Huez, Saint Annes, was the subject of a debate for several decades: was the church to be repaired and extended, or should it be pulled down and a newer, bigger one be built elsewhere. Even the of 1858, which destroyed almost all of the houses in the village, did not put an end to the debate. The town council closed the debate in 1868, with the decision to build a new church. Building work was completed in 1873. Since this date the church has been repaired twice; the first time in 1925, the roofing slates were replaced by roof leading, the second time, the windows were replaced.
See articles about the Church of Notre-Dame des Neiges under Photos et articles
Eglises et vie religieuse des paroisses de lOisans (XIe – XVIIIe siècles), Bruno Varennes, Collection Musée dHuez et de lOisans, 2002, 84 p., 7,50 euros.